1 lb. vegetable pasta
3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. butter
2 cups low-fat milk
8 oz. low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 butternut squash peeled and diced
1 cup spinach, thinly sliced
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel and dice the butternut squash and place on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast butternut squash for 20-30 minutes until tender or carmelized.
- Chop spinach in thin strips. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter over low heat in saucepan.
- Add flour and whisk to combine for about 1 minute over low heat.
- Over medium heat, add milk and let sauce thicken. Whisk occasionally. Approximate time: 2 min.
- Add grated cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add roasted butternut squash and spinach. Stir to combine.